Security is an important consideration when you play online. As a participant, you need to be able to ascertain, that the online casino. you choose will be able to provide ample security to any transactions you make online and is equipped to handle any kind of financial security exigencies. This makes it imperative to establish beforehand, how popular, trustworthy and secure the chosen online casino is.
Although it is difficult, rather impossible, to get any kind of guarantee, you could keep the following in mind while picking an online casino:
1. Is the casino ranked high on search engines for relevant keywords? If the answer were yes, then it would mean that the casino is well linked and popular. Common sense dictates that a blatantly unethical casino Pussy888 that is does not provide ample quality and security checks will not be popular and ranked high on any search engine. This is not a sure-shot method but you could use the SERP ranking to shortlist the most popular online casinos.
2. There’s nothing better than ‘word of mouth’ validation. Pick online casinos that come highly recommended by friends and acquaintances. If they’ve played online or if they know someone who has played online and come back with a positive experience, chances are, the online casino they’ve visited is safe enough.
3. Look for privacy and security related links that give some information about SSL or digital encryption technology employed, and security processes followed on the site. An online casino that gives out relevant information about the security, names valid technologies from trusted sources (like Wager Works, Microgaming, Playtech, Cryptologic) and defines its security processes is most probably serious enough to be considered as an option.
4. Check out options like flash casinos. Since you don’t have to download and install any software, the possibility of jeopardizing the security of your computer is lesser.
5. Check out sites that offer feedback and ranking on online casinos. You may want to rule out any online casino that is being consistently bad-mouthed.
6. Read extensively. Try to find information about technologies used in online casinos and the level of protection they provide. It makes sense to put in time and effort to make an intelligent choice before you start rather than regretting later.
While the above only deals with avoiding the occasional rogue casino, sometimes it’s the players who are deceitful or irresponsible. One of the most common cases is a player who signs up for multiple accounts at a casino using fake names to reap the bonus more than once. Another player might use Adobe Photoshop or a similar tool to manipulate the graphics of a slot machine screenshot to try to fool the casino into believing she hit a jackpot and didn’t get paid for it. These are invariably gross violations of the terms of service of casinos and are not tolerated. They usually lead to locking up of the account or accounts of the player responsible. Some casinos even have a policy of informing other casinos and software providers to keep the player out of other gaming portals.
Building your own safety-net
Apart from doing your homework before picking an online casino, also keep in mind the following points while gambling online. They are key in ensuring that you don’t lose all your money or come out feeling resentful:
1. Decide beforehand, how much money you are willing to risk.
2. Don’t try to recoup your losses; they may only increase.
3. Keep a check on how often and for how long you play. You wouldn’t want it to develop into an obsessive-compulsive disorder, would you!
4. When you are winning, take occasional breaks. Think about the smart time to stop.
5. Don’t put all your money on the table. Pre- determine the percentage you want to use for gambling every time to sit down to play. Stick to it!
6. There are no formulas to guarantee success, or quick- fixes to recoup losses.
7. Remember that gambling is entertainment, a game of chance. It’s not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts!